Having trouble downloading the latest Software Update on my MacBook

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Volkswagen 87, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Volkswagen 87 macrumors newbie

Keep in mind I'm running on a Mac OS X 10.5.2 right now, and I recently had to re-install everything from the two discs after receiving the gray screen of death on the Macbook.

Whenever I try to download (or update) the Mac OS X Update Combined (version 10.5.8) under System Updates, I keep getting the following error:

"The update "Mac OS X Update Combined" can't be installed"
    "The installer could not validate the contents of the 'MacOSXUpdCombo10.5.8' package"

I even went as far as downloading the Max OS X 10.5.2 (the version that I have) Update to no avail. Some of my Applications are either not opening up at all, taking long to load (spinning colorful wheel), or closing unexpectedly. Worse of all, there are times when I try to open up an application, and the top header (where the Apple logo, File, Edit, etc.) completely disappears and everything becomes unclickable from that point. I believe it's all in part of not having the system update, though I could be wrong.

My hopes for this computer are beginning to diminish. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

3. plaxico44 macrumors regular

plaxico44

Same thing happend to me. Brought it to the apple store genius bar and it was fixed within 20 min.