Having trouble getting apps from itunes to ipod touch.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dazloe, Jan 13, 2009.

1. dazloe macrumors member

Hey there ladies and gents, I just did a restore of my ipod touch and updated the software. It has been working fine; I dragged all my songs onto it and synced my photos and there was no problem there. The next thing I did was bought some apps through the apps store on my computer. I thought it would be pretty straight forward so after I downloaded the apps I tried to sync them with my ipod touch, but it says "...some applications were not installed on the ipod 'daz's touch' because you are not authorized for them on this computer."

Any help would be great! Cro Mag rally looks fun!

2. dazloe thread starter macrumors member

Has no-one had this problem before? Should I contact apple and sort it with them? Again any help would be great, I'm just finding it frustrating that apps I bought through itunes on my computer won't sync to my ipod, cheers

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Do you have firmware 2.x on your ipod? Are you logged onto your iTunes account on your computer, and is your computer authroized on that account?

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Some apps are iPhone only, such as Shazam. Some require GPS or cellular radios to function or function better. IF the apps ARE iPod touch compatible, then I suggest deleting them from the iTunes Applications library and re-downloading them. Cheers.

5. dazloe thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your help guys :) I have the latest update (2.2) and it is a 2nd gen 16gb ipod touch. My itunes account is authorized through this computer; I created it on this computer a couple of days ago. Apps are the only thing I have bought through the account. I'm stumped, I've tried everything and still no luck. Again if anyone has some answers I'm all ears!

Cheers

Ps. regarding re-downloading the apps, I really don't want to have to spend another $10 because of some 'malfunction'.
    It won't break the bank, but hey getting what you pay for is nice ;)

6. dazloe thread starter macrumors member

I just figured it out!

Thanks for your help guys, it was probably an obvious thing to do, but it didn't spring to mind straight away. In my itunes I had to go to 'store' and click 'authorize'. Thanks again for all your help. :)

7. dazloe thread starter macrumors member

I just figured it out!

Thanks for your help guys, it was probably an obvious thing to do, but it didn't spring to mind straight away. In my itunes I had to go to 'store' and click 'authorize'. Thanks again for all your help. :)

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

First of all, glad to hear you worked it out! For future reference, once you purchase an app, you can redownload it for free. I know iTunes tells you you'll be charged for it, but if you click ok, it then tells you you've already purchased the app so you can download it for free.

9. Amplezemi4 macrumors newbie

thank you i had the same problem and thanks to this thread its now fix

10. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I have Shazam on my iPod touch. It just needs a device that is compatible with a mic (so obviously just the 2nd gen, not the 1st).

11. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

Is it necessary to have the iTunes account to download free apps from the Apple site? The iTunes asks for my credit card info to open the account; I prefer just opening an account to start downloading some free apps available there.

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You do need an itunes account, but there is a way to create one without a credit card.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2534