Having trouble installing Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MrBtotheG, Jul 15, 2011.

1. MrBtotheG macrumors newbie

So I'm finally upgrading to SL but I seem to be having an issue. I put the cd in, click install, agree to the terms and all that. It reboots and begins the installation. After about 15-20 minutes [Says approx. 50 minutes remaining] it then reboots itself. It reboots to my normal desktop, with nothing changed and nothing else happening. Version is still the same, nothing has occurred.

There is a folder MAC OSX Install with about 3.5 gigs, but the install never continues. I've tried three times with no success, every time it starts anew.

Bad installation disk? Am I stupid? Please help

2. Modernape macrumors regular

Verify your hard disk (from the install DVD utilities menu) before the installation.

3. MrBtotheG thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay I just got home. Tried it, it says you have to reboot and then select your utility that you would like to run from the installer menu. I hit okay, it reboots right back to my desktop. Never leads the installer just back to desktop.. This is kind of frustrating, and the first time anything hasn't gone smoothly on my Mac.

4. Hansr macrumors 6502a

Sounds like a borked DVD, does it not run verify on itself before the install? Is there a scratch on it?