Having Trouble removing...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by edu, Dec 3, 2007.

1. edu macrumors newbie

... the things I connect on the USB slot (i.e. Printer, Mouse, Sony Cybershot Cam...) It says that I did something wrong, that I need to do something on the Finder and then remove it...

I have looked and found nothing...

Can Anyone tell me step by step or give me a li nk to another thread or something!11

Thank you in advance!!!!

Edu.

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Can you say exactly what the message says? I am guessing that you are forgetting to eject the disks, all you have to do is drag it to the trash. I can't guess without seeing the actual message why it would do it with anything else though.

3. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Are you getting a error saying incorrect device removal?

If you are and you have plugged something like a ipod or a camera. You need to select and hold it then drag it to the trash before you pull the device out.

That way the mac has time to stop writing data to it. If you rip the device out whilst this is happening you will most likely damage your device all loose the information off it

4. mpw Guest

You have turned off the suction right? Try using some lube or ice to bring the swelling down and learn your lesson for next time okay?

5. edu thread starter macrumors newbie

It says something about I did not remove it correctly...

one other thing theres nothing on the desktop to Eject... that's what i Find Weird..

6. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Thats right there ins't a button there to do that

You must drag your device into the trash and wait for it to disappear from the desktop before pulling it out of the usb port

7. edu thread starter macrumors newbie

OK but i have the Mouse plugged in and there's no Icon on the Desktop

8. iMan G5 macrumors member

A mouse isn't a hard drive...... What is the exact message? It shouldn't do it for mice or keyboards.....

9. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Select device (click once on device name), hit key stroke: Command-E (command key and the letter E key)

There is also a little triangle in finder next to the device name you can click to eject.

10. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

I don't think Printers needs ejecting but haven't connected a printer to Leopard.

11. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

The mouse and printer shouldn't be causing any problems when you try and remove them.

For the camera and other disks, do what the people above have suggested: Command-E or drag to trash.

12. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Hey thanks for the tip! There you go learn something new everyday :)