Having trouble sending email's

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by thegirlys, Oct 7, 2009.

1. thegirlys macrumors newbie

Have been having some trouble sending emails. when I go to send an email or replay to an email I have already received i get the message:

Cannot send mail

The sender address was invalid.

The addresses are valid & correct, & them out of the blue , a few minutes or even a few hours later, it sends!!

Does anybody know what might be causing this?? Are my settings correct?? It is really starting to get annoying!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

p.S I have a 3gs

thanks

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

WHat service are you using? Some services like RoadRunner dont like to be used when not through one or their routers. You can choose to send via other STMP servers if primary server fails you.

3. thegirlys thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for your reply, but it happens most frequently when emailing while I am out , even when I have wifi. I have two email accounts, & my primary through my cable company & a gmail account & it happens when using either one.

4. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

1) As for you cable account, you may, as I suggested have problems when not going through your home router. Contact your cable company for their specific work around.
    2) As for Gmail, did you set up via the Gmail button on Add New Accounts with your phone. You may have to add a secondary SMTP server via ATT under the outgoing server options.

5. twister4 macrumors newbie

sender address was invalid

I am having this problem, which developed about the 15th of April. Up til that date, I was able to send and reply to emails with no problems. So I am wondering what changed?

I have the 3gs

6. phrede macrumors newbie

me too,

I am having the same problem, presently I have three messages in my outbox that will not send. If history prevails, they will at some point "send" in their own sweet time (maybe days later)?

Frustrating:confused:
    Phrede

7. phrede macrumors newbie