Having trouble setting up code signing/certs

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by 1458279, Dec 9, 2012.

1. 1458279 Suspended

I just installed ML/Xcode 4.5 and iOS 6. I did this on a new drive so nothing was carried over. I have my old stuff on a SuperDuper! backup.

I've got everything working so far, but I'm stuck on the code signing/ cert stuff.

It was so long ago, I've forgotten the process and I'm pretty sure it's all screwed up now because of several tries.

Q. How do I certify the computer? I see Xcode-Organizer-Devices-My Mac - Developer Mode ... the provisioning profiles under this is empty.

Q. I assume I was supposed to do this BEFORE I did a provisioning for the device, how can I reverse this? Maybe delete all profiles on the device and on the Apple developer site?

Q. Is there a link to a step by step showing how to do this including using keychain access. The ones on YouTube suck, they are old and I don't see the same choices.

I really need a click by click directions here, but can't find a good up to date site.

Thanks.

2. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

3. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

Update: I got it finally to work. This process simply sucks. They don't offer clear step by step instructions.

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Did you ever try simply using Refresh from within your Library's Provisioning Profiles in the Organizer's Devices tab?

5. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

I think I did try that, but still had a problem. Honestly at this point I tried so many things that I don't remember them all. I remember that last time I got it to work after deleting dupes certs.

I think the problem is that because I upgraded to ML using a new drive, that nothing was pulled over from the old system, so it was like a whole new computer.

It wasn't clear, but it seems like you need two certs, one for the computer and one for the test device. I think you have to have the computer cert before the test device cert. (still not sure)

6. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Next time you do this, just make sure you export your developer profile before you lose the old system.