Having trouble staying committed...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jmack549, Nov 23, 2007.

1. jmack549 macrumors 6502

My Vaio broke about 2 weeks ago. I immediately started saving for a refurbished Macbook (the $799 variety), but I'm having trouble staying on course. I have about $400 saved up now, but with Christmas and all coming up soon, it seems like it will be too hard to do, and I need it by around Christmas time. Give me words of wisdom to keep me on the right track!

2. Think macrumors member

Think

Confucius Say: "Man who go to bed with itchy hiney, wake up with stinky finger".

HTH

3. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

$400 in 2 weeks ain't bad. Another 2 weeks will do it at that rate, giving you a great Christmas present.

4. jmack549 thread starter macrumors 6502

$300 of that was from selling my busted laptop and a jacket I have been meaning to for a long time...truthfully I've only been saving a week.

5. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

keep looking at the apple site every day. That'll keep you on track :) Perhaps hop into an apple store or best buy or someplace with macbooks on display and play with one... that shoudl also help :)

6. kajitox macrumors 6502a

kajitox

Oh just go into the Apple Store and use one for 15 minutes...you'll remember why you're saving. Just keep your eyes on the ball and you'll enjoy the prize.

7. amiga macrumors 6502

amiga

You won't regret it, the reward will outweigh the frustration :)