having trouble streaming HD content

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Romeo604, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Romeo604 macrumors regular

Hi everyone

I am having trouble with streaming online content which is HD 1920 x 1200. It never buffers in time to view content. My computer can stream 720 and under, any suggestions?

I have ADSL from a wireless router/modem and its the same even if I plug it in directly with an ethernet cable. My plan includes at least 15 Mbps download speed. Any help would be appreciated!

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Sometimes the servers for stuff like that don't have the bandwidth to allow streaming to start without a pretty big buffer first. 1080p content takes a lot of bandwidth, so you will just have to let it buffer for a while before watching.

3. simsaladimbamba

Test your connection via www.speedtest.net and report back.
    Then also include a link or two to the 1080p content for us to test.

4. Romeo604 thread starter macrumors regular

[​IMG]

simply trying to stream hd 1080 trailers from apple it will never buffer.

5. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Good ping speed, but the other speeds are really terrible. What sort of network setup are you using?

6. Romeo604 thread starter macrumors regular

I am using a Siemens Gigaset SE567 Router/Modem in one. It is the only modem offered by my ISP: Telus.

I am also having problems with my airport. I have checked recent posts about this problem but none of the solutions work.

I have to manually turn off and turn on the airport as my internet freezes. This occurs every 5 minutes or so. Sometimes internet is sometimes its ridiculously slow in the evening... as I think someone my be using my network? Either way my airport is giving me headache!

7. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Too bad that's the only one offered. Does your wireless have a password on it? If not, it's quite possible your neighbors are using your internet. I'd call Telus for support..they might replace it for you. For comparison, I just ran Speedtest on my AT&T iPhone over 3G, and it came back with 3.21Mbps download and 1.25 upload.