Having trouble updating to 2.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ShadowScopes, Jul 10, 2008.

1. ShadowScopes macrumors newbie

is any one else having the same problem as me? when i try to update to 2.0 firmware it keeps saying that i have 1.1.4 and I can't update!!! I'm not sure what you guys did but it's really pissing me off :/

any help on how i can update it? thnx!

-Jon

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

3. ShadowScopes thread starter macrumors newbie

So how come people keep saying "omg! this app works so great for me!" if it hasnt come out yet? :/

4. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

an unofficial version has been released

5. ShadowScopes thread starter macrumors newbie

6. thefamousgrouse macrumors newbie

It is out officially as of this morning, but I think Apple has pulled it in order to take some load off of their servers. I had to click the check for update buttong several times before it hooked me up. Now, however, I'm locked out of my phone because it can't connect to the itunes store for the final step of 2.0 installation (update has already been downloaded). I would recommend not updating right now - wait maybe 24 hours for the dust to settle - I've been unable to use my phone now for 3 hours...

7. Musicmadnessash macrumors member

ohhh i see i thought i was mad or my computer was buggerd!

Since i have also downloaded it.. where is the file? is it not a case of finding the file and installing it?

8. duncanapple macrumors 6502

Same Problem

I had the same problem - however I took the advice above and just clicked several times - It worked about 5 clicks later.

Its downloading now - hopefully there aren't any snags... I am too impatient to wait until tomorrow :) Its was all I could do just to keep my original iPhone and not buy the 3G. No way i could wait on 2.0!

- Chris

9. Musicmadnessash macrumors member

10. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

not for me my phone is an ipaperwieght :mad::mad::mad:

11. insidedanshead macrumors regular

Downloading 2.0 from iTunes right now... Crossing fingers...

12. Musicmadnessash macrumors member

im worried something bad has happend..

clicked to install 2.0 error message came up with some rubbish about it not being able to back up.. did i want to continue.. i clicked yes.. WIPED my phone (dont know if thats normal) then about 20mins later the plug into itunes picture came up (just like when i first bought the phone) the phone showed up in itunes and where the sync information is it now say iphone in big letters.. with the error message saying it cannot access itunes

What is happening.. i dont want my iPhone to die (even tho its being a right B*tch today)

13. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I don't want to sound rude, but I might have backed off at the point where it said "can't/won't backup" My phone is also in unactivated hell. The real irony is I should have used the unofficial from yesterday...brutal.

14. earnjam macrumors 6502a

earnjam

The real irony is that all these things that are supposed to "just work"...just aren't.

15. ShadowScopes thread starter macrumors newbie

From what i read they didn't officially release it yet so i wouldn't bother updating to 2.0 untill you hear more people telling you 2.0 works fine. i'm not risking it yet and i'll let the people who do tell me when it works, also btw, will it erase my jailbreaked items?

16. Hey Jude macrumors 6502a

Hey Jude

I should have gotten the unofficial upgrade yesterday, but I don't mind waiting for the all-clear before wading in.

Jude