Having trouble using mini with HD tv

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by MiniMacz, Jan 8, 2009.

1. MiniMacz macrumors newbie

Hi

I'v been looking around for answers and I found similar threads but my problem is a little different.
    I wanted to connect my mini to my brand new HDtv (panasonic TX-32LE8F, res:1366 x 768) so I bought a DVI->HDMI cable.
    When I turned on my mac the image was "shaking", it's like the pixels are moving up and down fast.
    My mini adds a new resolution in the prefpane (1920x1080) but the shaking is even worse on this resolution.
    On some smaller resolutions (even smaller then on my 19"monitor) it works and the shaking is gone but offcourse the image is very bad.
    In some threads I read that its caused by magnetic fields, but the image doesn't shake if I watch tv or play xbox360.
    I gues it has something to do with using the HDMI input.
    One last question, how will the image be if I just used a DVI->RCA cable (scart) Does the HDMI make so much difference ?

If anyone could help me out that would be great :)
    Thanks

-Niels

2. DavyC412 macrumors member

theres a good chance this may not help but try lowering the resolution to 1366 x 768, that of your TV. if that doesnt work try 1280x720, the one step lower resolution thats still 16:9

the 1920x1080 res is for a 1080i/p tv

also , try not routing the signal through a reciever, if you are.