Having trouble with Handbrake

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by danmc00, Apr 19, 2011.

1. danmc00 macrumors regular

I am trying to copy a DVD to my iMac so I can upload to my iPad. I have done this with over 20 movies with no problem. I am trying to copy the movie "Piranha" onto my hard drive for my brother and it goes through the whole process, but the finished product is just the 1.5 hour making of the movie. How can I differentiate the making of the movie from the real movie? I have done it three times now with the same result. I have never run into this problem before with Handbrake.
    Any ideas??

2. cerote macrumors 6502a

cerote

In the drop down make sure you chose the right track.

3. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

Yeah, Handbrake basically scans the DVD and assumes the longest title is right one. Use the drop down to select the correct title. If you aren't sure, play the DVD and then check what title is playing.

4. danmc00 thread starter macrumors regular

I have always picked Video from the drop down menu and it picks the movie for me. On this particular movie, there are quite a few more files there. How can I decifer which is the making and which is the movie?

5. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Play the DVD in DVD Player.app

6. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I think the more important issue at hand is why are you wanting to watch that movie at all? :eek: