Having trouble with Topaz Adjust...images look desaturated!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by LoneWolf121188, Nov 4, 2009.

1. LoneWolf121188 macrumors 6502a

I've been playing around with Topaz, and I really like it, except for one thing: the images displayed in the Topaz window are far more desaturated than the original, or what it saves the image as. Here's my workflow:

Import original Sony .ARW files into Lightroom 2
    Mess with the files a bit if necessary
    Right click -> Edit in -> Edit in Topaz Fusion Express
    Select "Edit a copy with Lightroom adjustments" (TIFF, ProPhoto RGB, 16 bit, 240 resolution, no compression)
    Select Adjust from the Topaz menu

When the image is loaded in Adjust, it's very different from the photo in Lightroom. I attached a screenshot comparing the two. Can anyone help me figure out what's going on???

Attached Files:

• grab.jpg
      grab.jpg
      File size:
      628.8 KB
      Views:
  2. iTiki macrumors 6502

I'm having the opposite happen to me. I use Aperture. When I am finised making my adjustments in Topaz and inport them back to Aperture, They are slightly less saturated that they looked it Topaz. It not a big deal to me, as I usually make a few minor tweaks when back in Aperture to finish the processing anyway. I did not notice this when I was using PS as the bridge to Topaz. I now use Topaz Fusion to take the images to Topaz for processing, so that me be where the problem is coming from.