Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimmy83

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Portsmouth, UK
I tried using this guide - http://www.iclarified.com/entry/comments.php?page=1&enid=1880#commentsanchor

but Iam having problems on step 2, each time I try to restore in iTunes and select the .ipsw from my pwnage folder iTunes detects an error 5 or 9. So if I run quickpwn and select my .ipsw that comes up autimacally(the file saved in iTunes) quickpwn works but only installs installer.app on my iPhone. Cydia is nowhere to be seen.

I made sure that all of my apps where shown on my springboard before I started any of this.

Please help me out here would really appreciate it.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
Sorry about that. I reviewed your guide and it just seems like a bunch of additional steps to JB. Maybe you can PM Bear Hunter, he's been rather helpful throughout the HACKS threads. Are you attempting Unlock as well?

jimmy83

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Portsmouth, UK
Sorry about that. I reviewed your guide and it just seems like a bunch of additional steps to JB. Maybe you can PM Bear Hunter, he's been rather helpful throughout the HACKS threads. Are you attempting Unlock as well?

Nah all I want to do is JB 2.2

Ive done this before, but dont know why Iam having problems. I cant log SSH into my iPhone either as I cant install openssh as I need Cydia :mad::mad::mad:

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
Have you tried doing a restore and starting over? I know that's a stretch, but that's what I did on Friday night, b/c I kept getting the prompt "I haz FAILED" in big red letters. So, I did the restore and downloaded a different Mac quickpwn.dmg and it took about 20 minutes and "POOF" I was up and running 2.2 JB...

jimmy83

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Portsmouth, UK
Have you tried doing a restore and starting over? I know that's a stretch, but that's what I did on Friday night, b/c I kept getting the prompt "I haz FAILED" in big red letters. So, I did the restore and downloaded a different Mac quickpwn.dmg and it took about 20 minutes and "POOF" I was up and running 2.2 JB...

Iam on vista.

Ive just tried shift then restore, selecting the .ispw in my pwnage folder and keep getting this error message

If I try to hit restore in iTunes that works, but I when I open pwnage I have to select the firmware in iTunes-I cant select the .ispw firmware in my pwnage folder, and it JB ok but I dont have Cydia for some reason.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
Ok, that makes sense. Try to PM Bear Hunter, he's probably a better source than I am. Also, check the Thread Forum Search for iPHone Hacks and you might catch a thread dealing specifically with Windows. Sorry I can't help any further. You'll get it fixed shortly, I'm certain...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.