Having Wi-Fi problems on home network.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BrunoMac, Jun 17, 2009.

1. BrunoMac macrumors regular

BrunoMac

On my home network I get Wi-Fi that cuts in and out. It works sometimes and then just stops working. I've tried turning off the wireless router and I have restored my iPhone. This was happening on 2.1 and now on 3.0.
    Any suggestions on settings I can adjust either on the Lynksis router or the iPhone itself. can I do anything with the DNS settings?
    Any help would be great thanks.

2. BrunoMac thread starter macrumors regular

BrunoMac

So I changed HTTP proxy from off to manual and it's working as of now, what does HTTP proxy mean and should it be off or on manual or auto.
    Please help thanks.

3. BrunoMac thread starter macrumors regular

BrunoMac

Now it's not working! :( Man talk about confusing.
    While it was working I ran Speedtest and got 5067Kbits avg 5067Kbits max now it says no wifi connection. :confused:

4. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

This also happens to me. My wifi keeps cutting on and off, and it's very annoying. I'm not sure why. It will jump from full bars to 1 bar, then to 3G, then Edge, then to nothing, then back to 3G, and sometimes back to WIFI, its really annoying me. Sigh. I've tried restarting my router many times and it doesn't seem to fix the problem.

5. BrunoMac thread starter macrumors regular

BrunoMac

So if I unplug my router and plug it back in it works for a while.
    It's a new linksys router. Any tips???

6. BrunoMac thread starter macrumors regular

BrunoMac