Hawaii iPhone users

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by peeaanuut, Jan 31, 2008.

1. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

I am going to be going to hawaii shortly for my wedding. We are going to do a week on Oahu and than a week on an island hopper cruise. Are there any Hawaii users out there and any thoughts on using the iPhone on the islands? Are there alot of dead spots or places with just horrible reception? How often are you on edge?

Also, I have never flown with the iPhone, do I just turn it on to airplane mode and I am good to go?

Any info would be great. Thanks!!

2. hawaiipoolman macrumors regular

the iPhone works great out here!!! barley any deadspots...but it probably really depends where you end up staying. im not sure about the cruise, but it probably wont work very well when you are in between islands.

have fun!

3. peeaanuut thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks!!! We are staying for a week at the Turtle Bay resort and than taking a norweigen cruise. I dont expect it to work much out on the water but we get a layover on a few nights at different island so it should be good there. Ill mainly be using it to keep in touch with people coming into town for the wedding and I dont think it should be a problem. As long as I dont drop it in a volcano. lol:D