Hawking Wireless USB Adaptor questions

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Anthony82, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Anthony82 macrumors newbie

I recently bought a older Power Mac G4 quicksilver 2002, has 512Mb of Ram, Dvd Burner, 867Mhz model, Installed Leopard on it runs great for what it is. Question here is instead of searching around for the original Airport card this machine requires I needed something quick seeing that this will be a present.

So I went out and bought the Hawking HWUG1A usb adaptor it works great. BUT every time I start up the computer it pops up a window the --- > USBWirelessUtility.app <--- starts up every time, and gets quite annoying having to quit it every time I start up the MAC. :confused:
    There is no preference to turn it off so it doesn't come up every time you turn the mac on, so how would I go about making that not pop up ?? Only thing I could think of is a script of some sorts or anything to stop it from starting that window up and showing it to me every damn time, all it does it show me that I'm connected, it doesn't really need to be started up. It's either something like this, or every time the family member i bought this for, will have to see it, then click quit, or leave it on, and it's one more ApP running that doesn't nee to be. Some help would be much appreciated.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It's in your Login Items. Just remove it from that list.

3. Anthony82 thread starter macrumors newbie

I was pretty sure I checked that last time and didn't see anything, but I will give it a go again and see if it's in there. If not do you have any other suggestions ??