General HBO Go and TVOut 2/DisplayOut???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 03 Hodag, Feb 9, 2012.

1. 03 Hodag macrumors member

HBO Go does not work with AirPlay or AirPlay Mirroring and the Apple TV2, even when jailbroken and using the AirVideoEnabler tweak.

Has anyone tried using the Apple Digital AV Adapter and either the TVOut2 Mirror TVOut or DisplayOut tweaks? Does a wired connection like this work?

I'd really like to be able to piggyback my parents' HBO subscription to make this work at my place, essentially getting HBO On Demand for free.

Anyone tried this or have a solution to get the HBO Go app up on a TV?

2. macbookman83 macrumors 6502

HBOgo NOGO

It's not possible...... They blocked this ability because theoritcally you could go to anyones house and displayout HBO on the go.

3. eNcrypTioN macrumors 6502

Would love some type of work around for this. I have my friends HBO credentials and want to watch on my TV.

4. AnotherBrian macrumors regular

Hbo go

I haven't found a way to do it, I tried the cables with TVOut.

5. falstaffpac macrumors member

falstaffpac

I was able to show HBOGO on my television with an apple composite video cable (HDMI also works) jailbroken with TVOut2Tuner (free Cydia app). I don't know if this is an option for you, but definitely works.

For extra config points, you can log into your iPhone from your iPad (or PC) with Veency and control HBOGO wirelessly.

6. 03 Hodag thread starter macrumors member

Can you confirm/post a photo of this working because the guy who posted right before you said that configuration does not work. What iDevice are you using and how does the resolution look up on the TV?

HBO Go + TVOut2 + Apple cable = HBO Go on a TV? Yes or No?

7. 03 Hodag thread starter macrumors member

Are the cables you're using the official Apple cables or third party? If they're third party you'd need to also use the Resupported4+ tweak available in Cydia.

The guy who posted after you says the cables work with TVOut2 so are you sure you have TVOut2 on? Get the TVOut2 SBSettings toggle and make sure.

I'd like to know definitively before I go out and drop $50 on an Apple cable.

Thanks

8. AnotherBrian macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Sorry it was DisplayOut I tried, TV out sounded familiar. I will try the TVout2 with the Apple composite cables.

9. AnotherBrian macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I can confirm that it works, I just tried it.

10. 03 Hodag thread starter macrumors member

I've got a 42" plasma and I'm curious how it will look when I put HBO Go for iPhone up on a screen that size. How does it look on your TV? Reasonably clear and watchable or pixelated and blocky?

11. AnotherBrian macrumors regular

TVout

I didn't hook it up to my HD tv but it looked crystal clear on the 36", so I'm sure it will look good.

12. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

So TVOut2Tuner is the way to go to get HBO Go app to work from iDevice to tv?

13. AnotherBrian macrumors regular

TVout2tuner doesn't work anymore, UnrestrictPremium works though.

14. theman510 macrumors 6502

Does this work with AppleTV or just with cables?

15. AnotherBrian macrumors regular

I know it works with Apple Tv not positive with cables but I would bet it does. The picture is not as good going through the Apple tv but it's ok.

----------

The problem is that if HBO or others update their app the jailbreak app may quit working. This is what happened to me, so if you read this thread after any updates the apps may not work anymore. So take advise at own risk.

16. ktjensen macrumors member

Does unrestrictpremium still work? Would like to trial it, but do not use the third party downloads. It's $3 and just want to make sure it works.

17. ktjensen macrumors member

Let me get this straight.

RESUPPORTED to get the aftermarket video cable running
    XCON to get apps to work if jailbroken detected
    DISPLAYOUT to view apps via video cable
    UNRESTRICTEDPREMIUM to allow some apps to AirPlay and more
    BTSTACK MOUSE to control it all from across the room with your mouse.

That's about $20 worth of apps to trial. To allow you to MIRROR AIRPLAY or to use and HDMI or video out cable to your connected HDTV, all to your iPhone or iPad that is jailbroken.

And from what I read this still might not work, due to various restrictions. Please comment back if you have various restricting apps working well (like HBOGO, AMAZON VIDEO, etc).

Have emailed all the authors of these apps, but as is typical getting no responses for support. Need to know they are all mutually compatible, else why bother.