HBO Go app is out

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Doom878, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Doom878 macrumors member

Wow they have all the episodes of The Wire and Band of Brothers. But I can't watch anything over 3G. :mad:

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

3. MEJHarrison macrumors 6502a

I'm very excited about this! Going to pick up the HDMI connector today so I can plug it into my TV tonight. Already have the spare HDMI connected and ready to go! :D

4. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

I recall when HBO Go was first mentioned over a year ago in USA Today, it mentioned Time Warner Cable as being the initial provider for the service. When I tried to access it on my computer, it would not work and I found that my LOCAL Time Warner business was not one of the participating TWC outfits.

Now with the app today I see there is no Time Warner Cable listed at all. Same with the web version. That stinks to high heaven. :mad:

Mike

5. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Thanks for the heads up!

Why can't you watch anything over 3G?

6. i5pro macrumors regular

I saw that...WTF, coming soon?

7. Doom878 thread starter macrumors member

I keep getting an error when the video is about to play saying that there's a problem and they are going to fix it. I haven't tried Wifi yet. Has anyone had success? I imagine their servers are getting pounded.

8. Bear Hunter macrumors 6502a

Bear Hunter

Is that different than the Component AV cable? I didn't know they made a HDMI version.

9. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Ahh I gotcha. I watched a bit of Boardwalk Empire over 3G just to test it out and it worked great. Video was crisp. But you're right about their servers getting pounded. Hopefully when things calm down it will work the way it's supposed to for everyone.

10. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

Great, time to use that unlimited data! Tomorrow I'll be watching the wire over 3G.

11. MEJHarrison macrumors 6502a

Yeah, it's different. I wouldn't swear to it, but I think it's a new accessory for the iPad 2. But it works with the old iPad, iPhone 4 and 4th generation Touch.

I just picked one up at Best Buy this afternoon. Here's the information if you're interested.

I also tried it with 3G earlier. It looked just ok on my iPhone 4, but here at work we have absolutely horrid 3G service. After 30 seconds it errored and just played the audio. But it looked fantastic on wi-fi!

12. PWC macrumors newbie

13. Doom878 thread starter macrumors member

They're all there.

Apparently there is a big problem with people getting logged out and then it gives the error that your provider doesn't show you with HBO. This happened to us as it is popping up on some reviews. Now gotta wait for an update.

14. MEJHarrison macrumors 6502a

I was quite disappointed to learn the app doesn't support TV out. Hopefully that will be addressed in the next update. Sounds plays on the TV, but there's no video. Just a big HBO Go logo. :(

15. Maskusee macrumors 6502a

Maskusee

Works like a charm with me (comcast user).

Game of Thrones, here i come.

16. adelia macrumors newbie

17. Doom878 thread starter macrumors member

Now it works again. WTF

18. billsrcursed macrumors member

That's odd because I don't see Comcast as an option for cable providers... care to shed some light?

19. Maskusee macrumors 6502a

Maskusee

Hmmmmmmm, Where are you looking?

Attached Files:

20. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

Whenever I try to login on my iPhone by selecting xfinity/comcast, it says, "Signin Error Could not connect to the server." Works fine on my iPad. Strange.

21. billsrcursed macrumors member

User error.... FML.

Thanks!!!

22. Doom878 thread starter macrumors member

Is there a limit on this app? My wife watched a lot of Entourage and then all of a sudden it gave the whole you don't have HBO through DirecTV error. :confused: