HBO Go no longer working on Apple TV (1st Gen)

BearDougalDog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2018
Hey all,

I've been running HBO Go on my 1st gen apple tv for years without any problems. Suddenly I've got a message appearing stating 'device not authorized' with no other option available other than 'exit'.

HELP!

Reactions: Rajdip.Eminent

BODYBUILDERPAUL

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2009
Barcelona
That's an old system and OS BearDougalDog - pre 2010!!! You're lucky that it's still worked - ATV 2 lost YouTube etc 2 or 3 years ago.
Shows how good Apple's component sourcing is if your ATV 1 is still working. For computers, that's pretty amazing!

BearDougalDog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2018
That's an old system and OS BearDougalDog - pre 2010!!! You're lucky that it's still worked - ATV 2 lost YouTube etc 2 or 3 years ago.
Shows how good Apple's component sourcing is if your ATV 1 is still working. For computers, that's pretty amazing!
Yeah, it's been working just fine - and continues to work well with other apps (UK and US-based).

mallbritton

macrumors 6502a
Nov 26, 2006
Are you certain what you have is a 1st generation Apple TV? It was a largish, white and silver square.

Also, there was no App Store, and no support for apps on the 1st generation. As @Rigby points out above HBO GO support starts with the 2nd generation Apple TV, which is when Apple moved to the small, square and black form factor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.