HBO GO on Macbook to TV

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by i-sidd, Jun 16, 2011.

1. i-sidd macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I have hbo go on ipad and it works fine and no buffering or choppyness issues, it runs smooth.

However, when I play it on my macbook 2007 running SL, its very choppy and unwatchable. I connect my macbook to the tv and wanted to watch HBO GO, but it does not work, I tried on safari, firefox, Chrome, but its the same everywhere.

Anyone else had this issue and found any solutions?

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Might just be your system can't handle it, what happens when you watch 720p or 1080p Apple movie trailers?

3. i-sidd thread starter macrumors 6502a

apple movie trailers plays fine, as far as watching 720p movies, I use VLC and it plays just fine.

I think its something to do with silverlight as I read that thats what plays HBOGO. When I play netflix non hd, there is a little choppyness which goes away after 2 seconds, but hbogo its unwatchable.

4. Irishman macrumors 68030

HBO Go doesn't support Airplay in its current version. The most you can get from it reliably is audio out only.

Until they patch it. :)

5. i-sidd thread starter macrumors 6502a

I understand about hbogo not supporting airplay right now.

But I want to play it on my macbook and connect it to my tv and watch it. This is where the video becomes choppy when I do full screen.

Is it a some silverlight setting that I need to change or what?

6. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Find some HQ silverlight movies on the web, and see if you have the same problem. If so, that's the issue.

7. Pamani macrumors regular

Pamani