HBO Now Problem

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by mic j, May 17, 2015.

1. mic j macrumors 68030

Was having a problem with HBO Now feed freezing up on me last night. First time I have had a problem with the feed. Of course, I just got past my 30 day free trial and paid for another month. Wifi speed was fine and other channels were working fine, so it must have been and HBO server or maybe app problem.

2. 1251division macrumors member

I concur, most likely an issue on the HBO side. I've had intermittent issues like that, but nothing long-term so far. Good luck, hope it clears up for you soon.

3. mic j thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks for verifying that I am not the only one. Helps me be patient.

4. Mackinjosh macrumors 6502a

During my free month I had a lot of issues with the audio dropping out and the video continuing. When the audio did come back it would be completely out of sync with the video. Reading numerous sites, I found that I was far from alone experiencing this issue, which helped me decide to not pay for this service until at least it's offered on Xbox/Playstation. Hopefully by then it will have its problems ironed out. I hate the Apple TV now anyway, so not using it is a benefit rather than a negative. I'm all in for the next Apple TV if they announce a good one in June.

5. mic j thread starter macrumors 68030

Funny thing is...mine did the exact opposite. It played flawlessly during the trial period. And the problem I had the other night was the video freezing but the audio continuing. Love my aTV. To each his own.;)