Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

dmaxdmax

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
HBOMAX if frequently getting locked up - it lets me go to the home screen and use other apps but when I return to HBO I'm still hanging. The only way to fix it seems to be resetting the box.

Any ideas? It might be the excuse i need to upgrade to the new 4K!

hg.wells

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2013
I’m seeing this issue with the app on my Apple TV and seeing the same issue on my iPad.

Force closing the HBO App on both devices fixes the issue without a restart.

Hopefully this will be addressed soon in an app update from HBO.

Comment

RachelleK

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2021
DC
I’m having the same problem with an AppleTV 4K. Was so annoying was thinking of getting rid of HBO. I’ll try force closing rather than resetting. Thanks!

Reactions: dmaxdmax
Comment

Gmouse

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2014
Lakewood, CO
I have the same issue, if I have watched a show or shows in HBOMax, then turned off the TV (not turning off the Apple TV). When I turn on the TV the next time, and try to go to the series I'm watching, it goes to HBOMax...then just hangs there. I either reset the Apple TV, or, faster, delete and reinstall the app.

Comment

hg.wells

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2013
I have the same issue, if I have watched a show or shows in HBOMax, then turned off the TV (not turning off the Apple TV). When I turn on the TV the next time, and try to go to the series I'm watching, it goes to HBOMax...then just hangs there. I either reset the Apple TV, or, faster, delete and reinstall the app.
Hi Gmouse, you definitely don’t need to delete the app, just force close it on the Apple TV

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.