HD 7950 & 21:9 resolutions

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by RCZ, Mar 17, 2014.

1. RCZ macrumors newbie

Hi,

My 2009 Mac Pro came with the GT 120 card, which supported my 2x LG 29EA93 screens with the resolution of 2560x1080 on the DVI connection and MiniDisplayPort...

I updated my card now with a Sapphire HD 7950 Mac edition, connected the screens, but the required resolution is not available anymore.. :(

Within the Bootcamped Windows 2012 R2 server, my two monitors work in the 2560x1080 resolution... but not in OSX :(

Anyone had similar problems with 21:9 resolutions?

If possible I could try to use SwitchResX, but I'd need to find out the values.. any tips on getting these values from the Bootcamped Windows install?

2. Robert Davies macrumors 6502

Robert Davies

3. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

The values for what? EDID?

If so:
    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/dump_edid.html

4. RCZ thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, yeah using the right cables.. as the screens work on the older GT 120 card.. and within Windows..

Sapphire claims I should update the driver, but when trying to install the latest driver I downloaded from their website it claims the OS already has the driver loaded.. can I force NVIDIA drivers on the Mac OSX (just like in Windows?)

5. ale500 macrumors regular

The Sapphire HD 7950 is an AMD Radeon based card, isn't it ?... The Nvidia driver is no use, get a proper AMD driver.

6. RCZ thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah.. but how to force the install for that? As soon as I start the installer, MacOS goes: I already have a driver.. now get lost...