HD audio NOT working in SP3 for iMac

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by stevey500, Jul 7, 2008.

1. stevey500 macrumors 6502

I just installed SP3 XP and installed Boot camp drivers off the dvd, and then installed boot camp 2.1 drivers from apple for SP3 Compatibility.

BUT.

Sound doesn't work. Found an article about others having the same issue here

http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=490

Downloaded those drivers. BUT.

When I go to Computer Management > Device Manager
    I'll go to the properties for the sound card as it DOES say there is no driver installed, if I click "Reinstall Driver" it WILL NOT do anything. If I try to "update driver" or ANY other way to install the driver for this sound card, it will not do anything or take me to the "locate this driver" wizard... IF i do try to "update driver" or "reinstall" on any other hardware in Device manager, it brings me to the driver wizard without a problem.

The sound card works GREAT when running in OS/X and when booting the SAME installation with Parallels.

I even tried the "Add hardware" wizard in control panel, it says the driver isn't installed for it, but the wizard closes even before allowing me to manually locate it and install it.

I just don't understand!

I've tried disabling and re-enabling. When I try to UNINSTALL the sound card, it fails as it is "used to boot the system"

I don't get it.

2. chscag macrumors 65816

Try removing the Boot Camp 2.1 update and use system restore to go back before 2.1 was installed. The 2.1 update is not necessary for installation of SP3 for XP. Works fine with the 2.0 drivers and software.

Regards.

3. stevey500 thread starter macrumors 6502

well, the thing is, it was doing this before I installed 2.1

I installed 2.1 just to see if it would at least attempt to resolve my issue.

Funny thing is, its doing it on my Macbook Pro 2.16 now.

4. stevey500 thread starter macrumors 6502

5. shaun g macrumors newbie

Did you get anywhere with this? I'm having the same problem.

6. RavenWinds macrumors member

So am i

does anyone know how to downgrade back to sp2?