HD Backup on 27" i7 running XP and OSX

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Wang Foolio, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Wang Foolio macrumors regular

Hey guys, I need some help figuring out how to properly back up data using my 27" i7. The Time Capsule route supposedly doesn't support BootCamp, and I am definitely concerned about backing up both partitions on my drive. What are the best options? I'd really like to avoid getting any special software to make it work (someone told me about Retrospect or something like that, but I'm unfamiliar with it), but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks guys, have an apple for your effort! :apple:

2. Crb macrumors member

I am in the same boat here. Time Machine is GREAT for backing up my OSX partition but doesn't do squat for my other partition :(

3. Wang Foolio thread starter macrumors regular

I guess half the issue is probably the formatting of Mac and Windows drives. Can you partition an external and format the halves separately like a regular HD? I assume that this is the step that the Time Capsule is lacking somehow.

4. nissin macrumors newbie

i just downloaded superduper! because i need to install a larger hard drive for my mbp. i looked on their forum and it seems as though it should backup both partitions of the hard drive, but when i actually backed it up i think it only backed up 120 gb (160gb hd- 40gb for xp partition). can anyone confirm if this software backs everything up, or just osx?