HD Camcorder Footage (*.MTS) from SDHC Card to iPad-How?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Azzin, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Azzin macrumors 68040

Hi all,

I picked up my 64 GB iPad while I was in New York last week, along with the camera connection kit.

I got all the photos from my still (Panasonic) camera onto the iPad using the adaptor, no problem.

But... When I insert the SDHC card from the Panasonic camcorder, the iPad just says "No files to import" (or words to that effect).

I presumed I could get the footage from my camcorder onto my iPad using the adaptor kit, but it looks like I may be wrong.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Cheers. :)

2. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

Needs to be MOV, MP4, or M4V in order to import. AVCHD files are not accepted.

3. brand macrumors 601

brand

iOS devices do not natively support AVCHD video. You will need to convert it to something else prior to importing it to the iPad.

4. Azzin thread starter macrumors 68040

Ah ok, thanks guys.

What's the best plan of attack then, as I have lots (& lots! :D ) of clips of my trip to New York last week?

Is there a program that can just handle all the files on the card in one go, or will I have to do them all individually? :eek:

Thanks again.

[Edit] - Is it then just a case of sticking the converted file in the "Movies" folder in iTunes and syncing to the iPad?