HD Camera Questions

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by kwong2006, Sep 3, 2007.

1. kwong2006 macrumors regular

i admit, i am a complete idiot when it comes to HD, so I need everyone's help. Thanks in advance!

I am currently considering to trade in my Panasonic PV-GS500 for either a Canon HV20 or a Sony HCR-HC7. I am wondering about two things: one is which one should I get (I know there have been discussions here, but I want individualized opinions). Second is whether you need to have HD filter lens when you buy HD.

Thanks!

2. bkvideography macrumors member

go with the canon. i believe canon has much better lens technology which will result in a sharper picture.

no- you dont need to add any accessories to the camera. any standard filter will work. you dont need anything special.

3. ScubaDuc macrumors 6502

ScubaDuc

I don't think the Canon has LANC.... My main gripe since I am also stuck in the same position as you are...in that I am also looking to change my Sony PC120BT for an HD camera.

LANC is really useful for underwater housings and remote operation via a tripood... SO...how you plan to use your videocamera drives the choice...if you want LANC and are a diver, the Sony is the only one, regretfully :rolleyes:

4. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

When I (finally) go HD, Canon will be top of my list ... :)