HD content already on iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stratocaster, Jan 13, 2008.

1. stratocaster macrumors newbie

I opened up the itunes store the other day and looked around on the homepage. I see a little black box in the middle that says HD podcasts.
    At first I thought is was for podcasts about HD content, but when I clicked it there were other things besides tech podcasts...

Is this exclusively for podcasts or..... is it a glance at what's to come?

Note: some were only for the :apple:TV and others just said HD in the title.

Also does this mean that it would be possible to play HD content in iTunes? (i.e. Blu-Ray anyone?)

2. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

I've been downloading National Geographic HD podcasts from iTunes for 4 months.

3. stratocaster thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh! didn't know they had been there that long. Maybe that means it's nothing.

Even though... Wouldn't that make this more mysterious since they all of a sudden right before MacWorld put a direct link on the homepage.

I bet I'm just overanalyzing this, but who knows?

4. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

I never knew they had HD Content either. It is a little strange that its on the front page right now. I actually came on here to start a thread about it but I searched and found this. :D

5. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

they usually do hd trailer downloads to, appletv plays them fine.