HD - Final Cut Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MasterPride, Feb 14, 2010.

1. MasterPride macrumors newbie

Alright, this is my problem. A few days ago I exported some HD footage, 30 seconds of it, and it came to a size of about 17 MB. Then today I exported the same HD footage, this time 1:30 seconds of it, and it came to a size of 500MB. Now I can't remember the exact settings I used when I got the 17 MB (Which is probably less HD but still looks HD, if you know what I mean), and now thats my problem. I live in a country that does not really hand out a lot of bandwidth and i need to upload this footage (standard definition is out of the question completely).

Does anyone know what the settings are on Final Cut Pro to get HD footage as compressed as possible while still keeping the quality and using H.264.?

Just trying to get the settings I used to get the 17MB export.

Any suggestions.

Thanks.

2. Scorch07 macrumors 6502

17MB for 30 secs is about 6.672 mbps. So when you export the new one, in the H.264 settings, manually set the bitrate at 6600 kbit/s and you should get a file of similar quality and about three times the size.