HD is gone from Disk Utility

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Fabulo, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Fabulo macrumors newbie

Fabulo

Hey Guys,
    First of all, I'm Dutch, so excuse me if my English is not perfect.
    I've got a problem with my MBP. It finally came back from repair centre today. My Harddrive was broken, so they put a new one inside. Everything worked OK, until i decided to install Snow Leopard, and after that put my superduper backup from my external HD to the MAC hd. I restarted the MAC while I kept holding down the "C" button, (snow leopard disk inside) I went to install OSx menu,-> Disk utility-> MAcintosh HD->last TAB (can't remember the name)-> and dragged the External HD in the first bar, and mac HD in the Second. Also I checked Remove Mac HD when copy the Backup to MAC HD. I pressed the button and the EST time was about 2 hours. After one hour my HD made some noise and gave me an error: Something with Failed to load or Failed to copy. After that it did removed my Macintosh HD drive. It's just GONE! I don't know what to do.. Can''t install my mac it's completely useless right now..

Here are some pictures describing the situation
    [​IMG]

and another one, hope you guys can use it
    [​IMG]

luv u all:apple:

2. airplaneman macrumors 6502a

Maybe the HD is bad :(. You've tried it numerous times, right? Have you tried the old HD in a different case? Maybe try putting it back in the machine.

3. Fabulo thread starter macrumors newbie

Fabulo

My HD is gone, it's at the repaircentre.
    But, the good news is, I actually got everything back to work except for the part that I've copied superduper backup to Machintosh HD, took about 2 hours, and it did finish the job. but when I restart my Mac at the Internal Disk it gives me a pop up to restart my mac with the powerbutton...