HD issue??

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by 1191, Aug 8, 2011.

1. 1191 macrumors newbie

I have a 3 year old Macbook with snow leopard and I checked the HD using the disk utility and it said it had permissions to repair... so I clicked repair permissions and after it did I had the disk permissions checked again and again there still were things it said needed repairing.... so I clicked repair permissions again... and yet when I check the drive it still has items to repair... So what does this mean? Could something be wrong with the HD or what? Shouldn't it be all repaired if you ask it to repair it and it does and says repair completed??

Also I had the computer into the Apple Genius Bar because I was concerned about the video not always working (voice breaking up, video freezing..) and they did a check with some program that they said came from CA.... and it had a question about the HD... I had replaced the original HD with a WD 640 7200 and it seems to have been running great for over two years... I don't know if their program noted a problem because it was not the original HD or because something is actually wrong with the drive.. How would I know if indeed the HD is not good or functioning properly.

I copied the HD onto a Lacie external HD and found when I checked it with Disk Utility it had permissions to be repaired and again when I had it repaired, it was not totally repaired... Also video did the same thing when I was booted off he external drive... and the Internet speed was good....

Looking for suggestions. help, input....

Thanks

2. 1191 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks for the reference to permission notices of no concern...