HD Motion to SD

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Texas04, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Not sure how this happened, but through corrupt Motion files and video backdrops, our previously 720X480 motion template files that we created, have become HD widescreen files.

Inside motion I cant figure out how to "scale" everything to size, and in Final Cut it is just as hard. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tex

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

When you open Motion, it gives you an option of what format you want. Make sure that you choose the one that corresponds to the video you are working with. Are you doing animations, visual effects, chroma key, etc.? You can export in the format and settings you want but make sure that you go to FCP before exporting as your final product. FCP has many more exporting options and settings and Motion won't be able to compress it as well. You can also take a look at Compressor if it doesn't seem too intimidating.:p

Regards,
    David

3. Texas04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Texas04

This could work, but I am using the project as a template file - not a regular exported project, So I need motion to "shrink" the project down to size.

4. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

So you want Motion to shrink the project? If so, you will have to export it that way. Just make the animation/visual effect in HD and when you go to export it choose the setting you want. i.e. 720x480. The template was made in the HD format you see so when you open it, it opens in the resolution it was made.

Regards,
    David