HD not showing in "Devices" list in Finder

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Vaphoron, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Vaphoron macrumors 6502

Vaphoron

My MacBook HD just disappeared from the Desktop, "Devices" list in the Finder and just about every other place you would expect to see it. The weird thing is I can still get to everything by using the "Places" list in the Finder and selecting something like the Desktop or my Home folder. I have tried just about everything I can think of and nothing has worked. I have attached a pic to show exactly what I am seeing and not seeing.

Attached Files:

2. cawesjmu macrumors 6502

resurrect

I was hoping to resurrect this thread since I've recently run into the same thing. No HD on the devices list even though finder pref has it checked off to be shown. (just like previous posters pic). Anybody have any suggestions? Disk repair didn't do anything. For reference I'm running a MBP core duo 2.0 w 2 GB RAM. Recently installed DAZ and Bryce to try them out. Uninstalled but problem persists. I can't be sure if the disappearance from the list coincided with those installations. I searched the forums but didn't find any other posts about this. If I missed it, could I get a link please? Thanks.

3. cawesjmu macrumors 6502

4. cawesjmu macrumors 6502