Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rubberwheels

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2010
I have a quick question for people who own a Macbook Air 11.6. I'm skeptical about getting a Macbook Air 11.6" 1.4 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 64 GB. I have a 32" 1080p HDTV. I plan on hooking up my Macbook Air via Mini DisplayPort to HDMI. So through that the sound and video would be transferred to the TV. I plan on playing 1080p mkvs on the HDTV. Was wondering if it'll be smooth playback? No stuttering or buffering of any kind. Thanks! If everything is good then I'm gonna order my Macbook Air for 949.00 after student discount!

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2007
I have a quick question for people who own a Macbook Air 11.6. I'm skeptical about getting a Macbook Air 11.6" 1.4 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 64 GB. I have a 32" 1080p HDTV. I plan on hooking up my Macbook Air via Mini DisplayPort to HDMI. So through that the sound and video would be transferred to the TV. I plan on playing 1080p mkvs on the HDTV. Was wondering if it'll be smooth playback? No stuttering or buffering of any kind. Thanks! If everything is good then I'm gonna order my Macbook Air for 949.00 after student discount!

No stuttering and buffering if you have plex. if you have VLC, you will see it. I have the 11in ultimate clocked at 1.6GHZ and for VLC on MAC, the GPU is not assisting the file. On plex, it is.

BBC B 32k

macrumors 6502
Aug 5, 2005
London
Not going to have much room for HD movies on that 64GB drive after the OS and apps etc. Unless they are compressed so much they look like SD. :D

I am thinking of the Air also but feel I will have to stretch to the 128GB version. My old iBook G4 had 80Gb stock many years ago and that was always tight even then.

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2007
Not going to have much room for HD movies on that 64GB drive after the OS and apps etc. Unless they are compressed so much they look like SD. :D

I am thinking of the Air also but feel I will have to stretch to the 128GB version. My old iBook G4 had 80Gb stock many years ago and that was always tight even then.

use an external drive. or get a flash drive.

rubberwheels

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2010

I plan on streaming from my home network that i set up. All the video files are on my storage pc with ~2 TB of storage space.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.