Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chickdigger802

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
For people that have 3gs, how good is the built in compression software on the phone?

Like a 5 min video on best quality = how much memory?

I'd like to upload or email videos when i get my iphon4, but I'm probably gonna switch to 200mb plan, which seems like its gonna get eaten up by uploading 1 video -.-"

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Using MMS, YouTube, E-Mail or Mobile Me uploads, AT&T doesn't allow you send any video longer than 30 seconds or 20 mb over its network, you must be on WiFi.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
For people that have 3gs, how good is the built in compression software on the phone?

Like a 5 min video on best quality = how much memory?

I'd like to upload or email videos when i get my iphon4, but I'm probably gonna switch to 200mb plan, which seems like its gonna get eaten up by uploading 1 video -.-"

It's next to impossible to send a video over 3G with ATT. I believe they limit uploads/downloads to 10MB of data.

I have a premium Verizon Fios Yahoo email account. Where I can upload 25MB to my own email and ATT's 3G refuses to let me upload these types of video files over their network.

I am sure they will impose the same policy with HD video uploads. They want you to use wifi.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.