Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iErDoc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
Hi Guys
I am new to Mac, Just upgraded my white 60gig HD to a WD 120 gig. During the process of formatting the drive I did not name the drive in the Disk utility so I ended up with a HD named “Untitled”. Could I easily rename it, and how?

I am afraid to miss thinks up because the other day I changed my Home short name “ Just right click …!” and it screwed my system. Is it the same with HD name?:eek:

blodwyn

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2004
Portland, Oregon
iErDoc said:
Hi Guys
I am new to Mac, Just upgraded my white 60gig HD to a WD 120 gig. During the process of formatting the drive I did not name the drive in the Disk utility so I ended up with a HD named “Untitled”. Could I easily rename it, and how?

Open a Finder window, click on the hard drive icon and press CMD-I to open an Info window. Type a new name in the 'Name and Extension' box, and you're done.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
...Or select the HDD icon, wait two seconds, and click on the name to rename. (This will work with any file or folder in OS X.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.