Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Holmez

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
Hi,
is it only possible to rent HD movies with apple tv?
i have a mac mini connected to a 46" full hd lcd screen, so it would bee nice wacthing high def movies :)

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
Hi,
is it only possible to rent HD movies with apple tv?
i have a mac mini connected to a 46" full hd lcd screen, so it would bee nice wacthing high def movies :)

Only available on a :apple:TV and once you rent it the movie can not be moved - its :apple:TV only.

SheriffParker

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2006
The land of love
too bad... but I heard that maybe the studios didn't want HD copies of their movies floating around on computer hard-drives, in case someone breaks the DRM...

Holmez

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
a little sad that consumers that invested in a product like the mac mini as a mediasenter will not have the same deal as the ones who spent less cash on a apple tv :(

nlivo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2007
Ballarat, Australia
I've said this before and I'll say it again....I think it's fair. If you own an appletv you get the luxury of having better quality rentals and purchases. I think its nice. I think it gives people a good incentive to buy an appletv. Plus, you don't need perfect quality if you're watching it on your iPod or computer screen.

Holmez

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
but would be nice to see HD if you have your mac mini connected to a TV and a home cinema :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.