HD Repair Issues (Boot Camp Installation)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Faijer, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Faijer macrumors newbie

Been trying to install Boot Camp, and thus far I've written the driver disk and have gotten to the stage where I need to partition my HD. Using 20GB for Windows, I tried to partition it only to be told my main disk had errors that prevented it from occurring correctly.

Fixed the permissions using Disk Utility with no hassle, but it still didn't work. So I used the "Verify Disk" function, and it came out with the following (after which it didn't allow me to use the "Repair Disk" function):

I'm a total rookie when it comes to stuff like this, and I just pray that there's a magic button that will fix the problem, so pardon my ignorance, but I was wondering if anyone could help me fix this problem, be it through a program or through manually doing it (via Terminal - I am capable of learning simple processes).

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

You can boot from the OSX discs and use that version of Disk Utility to repair the drive. Alternatively, you could run fsck from Single User Mode if the discs aren't accessible. Unfortunately, you can't repair the drive you've booted from, which is why the repair button is greyed out at present. :)