HD replacements

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MrM, May 25, 2009.

1. MrM macrumors 6502

Anyone have any recommendations for a good HD? This is going to be for a BlackBook with a bad HD. I have been searching around iFixit.com and found some different ones. I would prefer a 7200rpm drive, at or above 200GBs, but if anyone has any thoughts please feel free to shoot them at me.

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

It all depends on your preference, though the two that are usually recommended are the WD Scorpio series and Seagate Momentus series. I replaced my MB's HDD with a 320GB Seagate Momentus 7200rpm drive and it's been great. I think you can't go wrong with either manufacturer.

3. Blackjack07 macrumors member

Blackjack07

Depends on what your budjet is... but you got it pretty right. 7200rpm is a must when you are working with demanding software. And then size is depends on your budjet. Never a bad thing to have plenty of space. I have a 200GB 7200rpm HD, and one TB in External storage, but I wish my internal was a bit bigger. Especially when I am editing when I am working on the fly, and when my external isnt with me... (or no power source)

Good luck!

B07

4. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

I got the Western Digital 320gb 7200rpm one a few days ago and have defo noticed a speed increase.

I've made a video on it, can be viewed here.