HD Screen protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by vintageapple, Aug 30, 2010.

1. vintageapple macrumors member

vintageapple

Anyone know of a good Hd screen cover for iphone4? The one I ripped off my old 3GS makes the screen look like crap

2. wineman3067 macrumors newbie

re: HD Screen protector

I'm using the PowerSupport HD anti-glare film. It's kind of expensive and you do lose a bit of clarity on the display. The quality of materials, perfect fit, and zero fingerprints make up for that, IMHO.

I got the front and back set and couldn't be happier. The set came with a "crystal" film for the front but I prefer the HD anti-glare.

Now I just hope my free bumper comes soon so I can show off the phone's beauty.

http://www.powersupportusa.com/accessories/iphone-4/front-and-back-film-set.html

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

SGP Oleophobic is expensive but better than the $1 ones on ebay.

4. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

SGP oleo is very good as mentioned. I used to always use powersupport anti glares on previous iPhones, but the new display is so good, I can no longer in good conscience use anything but crystal. :)

I still smile at how great the retina display is.

5. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

It looks like crap because you took it off your old 3GS, not because you need an "HD" screen protector. Once you take a screen protector off a screen, it's meant to be thrown away, not used again.

I recommend Invisible Shield... they're excellent.

6. lvyelion macrumors member

Same here, the PS anti-glare is the way

7. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

Actually it depends on the type of screen protector. SGP and PS protectors can be taken off and reapplied without issue. Wet-install ones are another story.

8. vintageapple thread starter macrumors member

vintageapple

yea the screen I had would transfer no problem between the phones before the retina display. But thanks for info ill check those out...im kinda diggin the naked phone now though

9. maniacphoner macrumors regular

Naked phones do look sharp and clean, but since there is a tendency to get the front LCD screen scratched up, I would recommend that you keep it protected. But otherwise, it sure would be nice. :D