HD video help

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by rdsii64, Dec 1, 2011.

1. rdsii64 macrumors regular

I have been recording my favorite HD tv shows using EyeTv. First, it works very well. My eyes cannot tell the difference between the original broadcast and what ends up on a disc. After I export the video using Pro res HQ I open the file in my editing software and remove the commercials and put a simple transition in the empty space. My problem is that after I create a blu ray file using the share function, the resulting file can be as small as 10 gigs. That file size is to big to fit on a double layer dvd and takes up less than half the space of a single layer blu ray disk. So in an attempt to not waist space, I have been putting two episodes onto one blu ray disc. It works fine and the quality is what you would expect. My problem is that I would like to be able to click a button an pick which episode I want to watch. I have tried to creat this type of menu with toast and either I don't know what I am doing, or Toast can't do this. Does anyone know of anything that can help me out.

thanks

Ron

2. mBox macrumors 68020

Toast 11?

Which version of Toast?
    This seems to work fine in Toast Titanium 11.
    Dont you get the menu option?
    The clips are all separate?

3. rdsii64 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm using Toast 11.
    yes I drag two separate movie clips into toast 11. I can select that I want only 2 buttons but It won't let me name the buttons and I don't see any way to tie each button to a corresponding video clip.

4. mBox macrumors 68020

Just did a quick test (wasted a BD disc).
    Put two clips into BD window.
    Selected edit for each clip and renamed.
    Used the Splash template.
    If Automatic is set it will just used the amount of clips imported as buttons.
    Made a mistake of leaving Play all items cont... checked.
    Now the clips play one after the other.
    However you name the clips in the edit section from what I can tell.
    Maybe your movies have longer names?

5. rdsii64 thread starter macrumors regular

I will give that a try. It seems that the problem is user error as I hoped. Thanks for the help.

Ron