HD video space on iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xxNinjaxx, Sep 3, 2010.

1. xxNinjaxx macrumors newbie

How much space does the HD video take up?
    planning to get an 8GB because I don't have that much money..
    I have around 100 apps and 1.5-2GB of music.
    how much memory would HD video let's say.. 1 min take up?

Oh plus, will the iPod Touch have touch to focus feature? like while you're recording you touch a portion of the screen to get it focusing on that part?

2. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

I'd say, according to some google search, between 160 and 250MB/min depending on the codec. Since it is h.264, it will probably hover around the lower figures.

Still, with a hundred apps and 2GB of music, you must have not much space left... 2GB? Maybe 3?

Clearly, if you want to shoot, buy a 32GB.

3. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

What will the bitrate be? 2Mbps? What's the bitrate of iPhone 4's videos?

4. ralts macrumors newbie

If you check the specs on the Flip Video website the 4gb Flips hold about an hour of footage. It looks like the exact same format as the iPhone/iPod touch, 720p, H.264 video with AAC audio, 30 FPS. So I'd say 70mb a minute and a little over 1mbps. So if you have 4gb available you might be able to record an hour of footage. And no there is not tap to focus feature because the lens is to small for auto-focus (I'm not 100% sure, just going on what I read on the other threads). Hope this helps :D

5. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

From the iPhone forum,

I would imagine it would be around the same for the touch.

6. NJMetsHero macrumors regular

Yup 32GB is going to be better for that. Between music, apps, and a few other random things I almost fill up my current 16GB model. So I'll have plenty of room on the 32GB for video capture. Should be awesome for Jets games!