HD video

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Deepsingh, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Deepsingh macrumors member

I have t2i with the latest magic lantern firmware installed. But for me focusing is a real b****. Could you guys suggest me 1080p cam. nothing over $1200. Do consumer cams shoot HDR video?

2. Boisv macrumors regular

Well technically, even smartphones shoot 1080p HD video, so saying "HD" is starting to mean as much as saying "4G". The quality at which a camera captures video is still mostly decided by the lens, and larger, professional cameras have better lenses.

Depending on what you're doing though, a consumer camera might be the right choice for you. They can take some pretty good video these days.

So what is it that you're doing? Describe what you do and I can try to suggest a camera.

Finally, you're having trouble focusing? Why? Unless you're looking to use autofocus, you're going to have that problem with any camera. And I don't suggest using autofocus.

3. coolspot18 macrumors 65816

Are you having trouble with real-time focus, zooming, etc?

If so, perhaps consider a camcorder instead or a non-SLR digital camera.

4. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

Remember, if you're shooting somewhere between F8-F11, focusing will become much easier. Obviously that's a problem in low light situations, but with enough natural light, it's a great solution.

5. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

If your lenses have focus marks, you can always measure your focus using a tape measure for very accurate focus. Measure from the subject to the "film plane" symbol on your camera (looks like a circle with a line through it).