HD Voice

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajm222, Sep 28, 2015.

1. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

what a surprise! bought a 6s+ and transferred my 6 to my wife. Just placed my first call to her today and we were both totally shocked at the sound. super clear audio that was a little disconcerting actually. almost had a tone to it like being in a bathroom. at any rate, it was very noticeable. i had totally forgotten about hd voice. i will say though that the audio broke up a little and at times had a digital feel to it. according to Verizon's FAQ, it's still a new technology that's being improved and one should expect occasional issues. still neat.

2. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

It does sound good. Its a little more sensitive to the connection because its using the data connection versus the standard cell connection but when its going its nice. Its fun to talk to someone who is just hearing it for the first time, its all they want to talk about for the first few minutes.

3. ajm222 thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. kycophpd macrumors 6502a

kycophpd

My wife and I have been using it on Verizon for the last year using our 6 plus's. Even though HD is in the wording, I still find myself having to explain it as the difference between standard TV and High definition TV as far as quality goes. People understand then (which you think it would be basically Implied by the naming of it)