Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shinji

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 18, 2007
I installed the HD2600 on my 'old' Mac Pro and it's working great.

Only thing...there was a little locking clip at the end of the PCIe slot. Sort of flimsy and you're supposed to push it up towards the top of the case and not outwards, however I did the opposite of that and broke it. Should I be concerned about that? The slot itself obviously works fine and the card is screwed in regardless.

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
I don't think you should be very concerned about that, as as far as I know it's only purpose is to make sure that the card doesn't slide out accidentally.

You should be fine.

shinji

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 18, 2007
I don't think you should be very concerned about that, as as far as I know it's only purpose is to make sure that the card doesn't slide out accidentally.

You should be fine.

Thanks yeah was a little pissed about that. I also couldn't find it after I pulled it out, so it may be floating around the case or it could have fallen behind my desk. Tiny little plastic thing.

newtech

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2007
ISA, EISA, Micro Channel, PCI and AGP got along fine for years without that flimsy "lock". I would not worry about it, they seem engineered to break if looked at crosseyed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.