HDCP compliant? (When using DVI or HDMI adapter?)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Wolfpup, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

Does anyone know if the new Macbook Pro is HDCP compliant in Windows when connecting to a DVI/HDMI monitor? I'd like to be able to watch Blu Ray on it...

I was going to also ask if there are driver issues, whether it's possible to install Nvidia's newest reference drivers on here, but from another thread it sounds like it isn't, at least not yet. Optimus tech isn't supported in the current driver release, but beyond that I'm not sure if Apple actually allows Nvidia to support their hardware or not :-/

(I *JUST* had USB die on my current notebook, so I probably need a replacement, fast :-/ )

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yes it's HDCP compliant, but just be sure your monitor is HDCP compliant as well.

3. Wolfpup thread starter macrumors 68030

Sorry, just to clarify, it's still HDCP compliant even when using the displayport to DVI adapter?

Weirdly, I got to work and my laptop's USB just started working again as though nothing happened...but I'm kind of feeling like I need a replacement so I've got a spare, if nothing else :eek:

4. Wolfpup thread starter macrumors 68030

Weeeeeeeird-iTunes just gave me a "this computer is no longer authorized to run the applications on your iPod" type message. I canceled, deauthorized my system, and reauthorized, and it still says I have 1 of 5 used...

Maybe iTunes activation DRM checks BIOS revisions? Maybe it 'looks' different enough since I updated the BIOS twice last night on the off chance that would fix it? *sigh*