HDCP issues?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by daimee04, Aug 5, 2011.

1. daimee04 macrumors newbie

Hello all - I'm new :)

I bought a movie in iTunes on my MacBook Pro for my kids to watch on the iPad while we were on vacation. Since it's on the laptop, when we got home I hooked it to our HDTV via RCB. When I tried to play the movie (I purchased the the SD/HD dual version) I got a message saying that I couldn't play the movie due to HDCP issues? I changed the playback mode to standard definition, so the kids can watch the movie... but since I paid for the HD version, I'd like them to be able to watch it, ya know?

Is there an easy fix to this issue?

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

The HDCP issues result from switching from digital to analog. Modern TVs support HDCP but older HDTVs might not. The best way would be to buy a mini-displayport to HDMI adapter and hook in that way. Forgive me, but I don't know what you mean by RCB?

3. arogge macrumors 65816

arogge

Stop spending

My fix for the problem was to stop paying for any content that required cracking of HDCP. I can't watch the movie on a desktop PC with a monitor attached, I can't watch it on my television, and I can't, I can't, I can't... well, I can't justify paying for this entertainment anymore. Perhaps if the idiots who came up with HDCP would agree to pay to replace my computer monitor and television with whatever device they decided was compatible with this HDCP nonsense, I will reconsider paying money for the content again.