HDCP iTunes error on new rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hazel1393, Jul 23, 2012.

1. hazel1393 macrumors newbie

You would think when you buy a $2000 laptop that is advertised as having a fantastic hi def screen that you would be able to play your HD content that you have purchased from iTunes! I bought my new 15 inch Retina Macbook Pro and am getting an HDCP error on iTunes when trying to play my purchased HD content. The error code tells me that my display will not work with HDCP. What the heck! I've been looking and seem to be the only one with this problem. Any ideas?

2. FroColin macrumors regular

I've had the same thing and I'm very pissed. Does anyone know?

3. Darby67 macrumors 6502

Are you talking about the built in screen or an external?

4. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

The only time I've ever gotten that is when I tried to play an HD movie from iTunes on my Mac mini, but sending the video to the Apple TV using AirPlay.

I had to play it from the Apple TV using library sharing in order to view it.

5. FroColin macrumors regular

I get it on the normal screen with no external monitor plugged in and no airplay or anything. The iTunes rental is a black screen and no sound but looks like it plays but it doesn't start the 24 hour timer

6. TofSanity macrumors 6502a

TofSanity

i am having the same issue. did you figure anything out?

I just tried a movie that I watched yesterday and it is showing the same HDCP error but didnt have one yesterday.

7. TofSanity macrumors 6502a

TofSanity

odd...after doing NOTHING it started to play! Perfect yet odd