HDCP problm with Apple Movie

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by bturgan, Jan 31, 2016.

1. bturgan macrumors member

bturgan

hi,

I have rented my first movie via apple movies. When i try to watch it i get a DHCP problem. I tried with 3 different hdmi cables and 3 different hdmi ports from tv also restarting appletv but the problem still occurs? Does anyone knows how to fix this issue? Ty,

2. Mac... nificent macrumors 6502

What's most important about the cables is what version they are, not if they're physically good/bad.

3. bturgan thread starter macrumors member

bturgan

i have seen in forums that people are getting this error although they use apple hdmi cables

4. Rigby macrumors 601

How old is your TV? Have you connected a Blu-ray player as well and does that work (Blu-ray requies HDCP too)? Some early TVs with HDMI ports didn't have HDCP support.

You can also try using a different cable; while all HDMI cables have the necessary connectivity for HDCP, a bad cable can produce enough transmission errors to throw off HDCP. But since you already have tried several, it seems unlikely that this is the problem.

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

A DHCP problem or an HDCP problem? One's related to the network connection, and the other to the TV connection.

6. bturgan thread starter macrumors member

bturgan

Actually i have a bluray player that i can play and view blueray movies. I have tried the hdmi cable of blue ray player and port also.

I have a toshiba regza lcd tv which is like 3-4 yrs old.

--- Post Merged, Jan 31, 2016 ---
    Its hdcp tv problem, sorry not dhcp

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Figured, but just thought I'd double-check in case everyone was leading you down the wrong track :)

8. bturgan thread starter macrumors member

bturgan

9. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

Confused... what does an HDMI cable have to do with DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol)? Do you mean HDCP (High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection)? DHCP has to do with getting a valid IP address from your router/internet provider.

EDIT: nevermind... looks like that's been covered.

10. Rigby macrumors 601

Well, in that case it seems likely that the Apple TV is the culprit. Is it an ATV 3 or 4? I've had a few sporadic HDCP errors on my new 4, but they went away just by restarting the video. Never had this on any of my 3s.

11. bturgan thread starter macrumors member

bturgan

its an atv 4, i tried restarting and also changing resolution by pressing menu and - button for 4 seconds but still same.