HDD Caddy not fitting?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kevindk2, Jun 14, 2013.

1. kevindk2 macrumors newbie

Hello fellow mac users!

I bought an caddy for my HDD for the optical bay. When I tried to put it in I noticed 3 things that were wrong (check pictures).

Firstly the things that are suppose to go on the caddy dont fit because there is a line that goes out.

Secondly you cant screw the HDD in place inside the caddy (There is no space for screws (check picture)

Thirdly you cant screw the hinge on the caddy because there is no space for screws (again)

Does anybody know what to do with this caddy or if we should just buy a new one?

Attached Files:

2. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

Where did you buy this from?

3. Yahooligan macrumors 6502a

Yahooligan

The HDD isn't held in by screws that go through the caddy, there are screws that should have come with the caddy that go into the side of the HDD, which you then insert into the caddy and slide back into the connector. The little tabs sticking out inside the bay are where the screws go under. You should also have a foam strip which gets inserted at the front of the drive to prevent it from shifting forward.

As far as I know, there are different caddys for different MBP generations, it's not a one-size-fits-all. Did you verify the caddy is supposed to work with your specific model/generation MBP?

I'm not sure what you mean about screwing the hinge? What hinge? :confused: My caddy came with the caddy and screws, no sort of lid or hinge.

4. chrisperro macrumors 6502

chrisperro

i have the same caddy ,just grap a knife and cut that piece, you don't need that piece for anything.
    you don't need to screw the hard drive to the caddy, put a piece of tape to hold it in place.
    did you buy it from ebay?

5. kevindk2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I did and I did what you said and it works like a charm now. Just having one problem though. Is it possible to disable the HDD in the optical drive when I dont use it, so it doesn't use as much power?